Monday, July 1, 2013

Simple Suppers: Summer Salad

I've never claimed to be a fancy cook, but I can get good food on the table most nights, & I enjoy sharing recipes with others.  I  take simple ingredients & put them together to make a meal.  I only measure if I'm baking, otherwise the quantities are adjusted to how many people need to eat.  Seasonings & spices are adjusted to taste (I usually like more spicy).

The veggies & fruits can easily be changed up in my Summer Salad.  Everything is rough chopped, this way it's a nice chunky salad.  I made enough for 4 - 6 people & spent 10 - 15 minutes on prep.

Fresh spinach (1/2 bag)
Romaine lettuce(1/2 bag)
Chicken strips (I used 2 bags of Rotisserie)
Cucumbers
Bell Peppers
Carrots
Pineapple chunks (I used 1 small can, drained well)
Blueberries
Strawberries
Pecans

I tossed everything together in a large bowl & used Kraft Lite Strawberry Balsamic for dressing.  It was cool, crunchy, filling, & very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to share with me!