Monday, July 15, 2013

Rain

The best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

We've been blessed with a rare occasion here in Texas:  RAIN in JULY!  It started Sunday morning & is supposed to continue for the next couple of days!

After several years of drought, I will NEVER complain about the rain!  This is the best kind too; a gentle, steady, soaking rain. 

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. - Dolly Parton

Another blessing with this current system, there hasn't been wind or thunder (which is what we usually get).

I know there are some people who don't like the rain, who get blue, even depressed.  However, to me, there's nothing better than the sound of rain on the roof.  I love to watch it shower on trees,  & puddle in the street.

Rainy days are for opening the window, laying under my favorite quilt, & reading a great book!

Let the rain kiss you.  Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops.  
Let the rain sing you a lullaby. -  Langston Hughes

God sends the rain & sunshine, so enjoy both in life. 

This is the day the Lord has made; I will rejoice & be glad in it.  Psalm 118:24

3 comments:

  1. Interesting blog but you know mom, she loves the sunshine but knows the earth needs rain too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying reading your blogs

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to share with me!