Thursday, July 18, 2013

"Abba! Daddy!"

Abba is the most intimate name for Father in Hebrew.  God is sovereign, holy, & all powerful.  However, He created mankind because He desires fellowship.
They heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day.  The Lord God called to the man.  Gen 3:8a, 9a
Enoch walked with God.  Gen. 5:22a
 
Jesus used this name at a time of intense suffering. We are also our Father's daughters & sons, so we can cry "Abba! Daddy!" when we need Him.
To redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"  Gal. 4:5-6

We cry, "Abba! Daddy!" when we are afraid.  God answers by calming the storm.
He awoke & rebuked the wind & said to the sea, "Peace! Be still!"  And the wind ceased, & there was a great calm.  Mark 4:39
The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts & your minds in Christ Jesus.  Phil. 4:7

We cry, "Abba! Daddy!" when we are lonely.  God answers by never leaving.
Behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.  Matt. 28:20
For he has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you."  So we can confidently say, "the Lord is my helper, I will not fear; what can man do to me?"  Heb. 13:5b-6

We cry, "Abba! Daddy!"  when we are lost.  God answers by seeking & finding us. 
If a man has 100 sheep, he will leave the 99, & go after the one that is lost, until he finds it?   Luke 15:4
For the Son of Man came to seek & to save the lost.  Luke 19:10

We cry, "Abba! Daddy!" when we are anxious & worried.  God answers by remind us that He is in controls & cares for us.
Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on.  Is not life more than food, & the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air:  they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, & yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not of more value than they?  And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?  Matt. 6:25-27

We cry, "Abba! Daddy!" when we are so weary.  God answers by asking us to come to Him for rest.
Come to me, all who labor & are heavy laden, & I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, & learn from me, for I am gentle & lowly in heart, & you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, & my burden is light.  Matt. 11:28-30

Whenever, we cry, "Abba! Daddy!"  God hear us.
When the Lamb opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.  He was given much incense to offer with the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar before the throne, & the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, rose before God form the hand of the angel.  Rev. 8:1, 3b-4

 Like all good fathers, God answers with exactly what we need.
Your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. Matt. 6:32b
Every good gift & every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights. 
James 1:17a

2 comments:

  1. extremely good - may I print and use in my LBC sometime? thanks Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to share with me!