Monday, August 5, 2013

My Favorite Brother

"Jeerrryyy, did you know you're my FAVORITE brother?"
"Lil Sister, I'm your ONLY brother."
"But if I had a 100 brothers, you'd still be my FAVORITE."
(Sigh) "What do you want?"

My brother, Jerry, & I have had this conversation many, many times through our lives!  Usually cause I needed a favor, wanted to borrow something, or help with a challenge.  ALWAYS for the last 49 years, my Big Brother has come through for me!

Jerry is an awesome brother, a wonderful friend, a trustworthy confidant, a fun companion, a lover of trivia, a terrific dad to his daughter, & the best uncle for my sons!

Our relationship has always been close, & we only had a couple of years of fighting when we were growing up.  He is truly the one I can call at 3 AM & say, "Big Brother, I need you."  His only response would be, "I'm on my way."  The great thing is, it's a two way street!

I'm always so sad when I here that someone has lost a sibling.  That's a loss of a large part of your childhood & who you are.  Your parents have memories through the eyes of an adult.  But, your sibling shares the memories through the eyes of a child!

Yesterday was Jerry's birthday & mine is this Saturday.  We've always had the tradition of calling each other EARLY on our birthdays.  That way, we're the first one to say or sing Happy Birthday.  We have celebrated our birthdays together for most of our lives & wouldn't have it any other way!  It makes the celebration even more special to share it with my Big Brother!

"Jeerrryyy, did you know you're my FAVORITE brother? You are, ALWAYS!"
Happy Birthday! Love, Ding

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Lynda - you bring tears to my eyes and joy to heart...it's been a joy to watch the two of you grow up close in heart and love with each other...love you both Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Gee Pa you know that on always make me cry' I'm glad we're still close! & you'll always be my favorite lil sister. It was easier to call you early when you were in AZ (2hr time diff) but I'm glad you're here for me. :) JAJ

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to share with me!