Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Dad's Perspective

After I posted yesterday's article, I was checking out Facebook.  A friend of ours had posted his thoughts on keeping his children (4 teens) pure & safe.  I was very impressed & touched with what this awesome Christian dad had to say.  With Ed Allen's permission, I'm sharing his post today!  Thanks Ed!
With all of the first day of school posts that I have seen and the Miley Cyrus performance, I feel the need to say something "out loud" for my benefit and my family's benefit.

I was in the front room the other night and in run my kids wanting to watch the VMAs ... evidently Justin Timberlake is a big deal (and N'Sync was on) ... I watched patiently for a bit and did not see Miley Cyrus' (she's had a place in our house for years as Hannah Montana and is 1 year older than my oldest) performance. However, I have now heard about it and read about it and have now watched it.

IN MY OPINION: What I just watched Miley Cyrus do is TRASH of the highest magnitude. And I have seen a LOT of trash in my time. This is NOT an opinion on her talent. As a result, I feel the need to say that I want to put the whole world and the "lord" of this world on notice effective immediately ...

YOU CAN NOT HAVE MY BABIES AND I WILL FIGHT YOU UNTIL MY LAST BREATH AND WITH EVERY WEAPON AT MY DISPOSAL AND ON INTO ETERNITY FOR THEIR SOUL!

I feel and mourn for family's that lose children physically but more important to me is that I help my wife and children not lose their spiritual lives and lead our family in that way. I am not perfect, just ask my wife. But, I am horrified by what I just saw.

Take heed Mommy's and Daddy's, the Enemy wants our children and is not overtly breaking down our front doors to access them, but rather sneaking into their lives in their music, their videos and places where day in and day out he can steadily feed them his diet of filth and trash.

And to my children, if I EVER find out about an activity or action that you take part in that is contrary to the Laws of Almighty God, I WILL be pulling you physically, spiritually and (if needed) publicly off of that stage, platform, edifice or whatever other venue in which you find yourself to take you out back and re-deliver whatever lesson needs to be re-addressed.

You will NEVER, EVER NOT be my child and I love you. You will NEVER, EVER be too old, too popular or too cool to have to listen to me as your Daddy. And, as a result you will NEVER, EVER be alone in your fight with the Enemy. I love you too much.

Signed, Your "Extremely Irritated By What I Just Saw" Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to share with me!