Thursday, June 27, 2013

Why a Blog?

Why do I want to create a blog?  My husband and sons have each asked me this question.  I've also asked myself this question!

There are several answers that pop into my head, in no particular order...

I want a place to store special memories, share what's happening in life, thoughts I have (deep & random!), recipes/meals that we enjoy, homeschool info, & pictures.

No, I don't have any illusions about becoming "The Pioneer Woman"!  But I do want an outlet, a voice, & a place for all the many aspects of my life to be together.

Most of all somewhere my sons can look back at & remember, laugh, find a meal to fix, be embarrassed ('cause isn't that what moms are supposed to do?).

If anyone besides my family reads this blog, here's some info about me, in no particular order...

I am a Christian; I've been married to my husband for almost 25 years (with lots of ups & downs, but still together!); I have two teenage sons (17 & 16), our family has always homeschooled & I will be ending that season of my life in 2 years; I have a wonderful mom & dad who live close by; I have the best big brother in the world; I have been blessed with a great church family, an awesome homeschool co-op, & caring friends!

I  believe in GOD, the Bible, marriage, adoption, love, laughter, taking care of my family as my life's mission, loyalty to friends, faith in action, forgiveness, the responsibility of each Christian to find a personal ministry, hard work, & having fun in life.

I believe that life has many seasons & at almost 49 years of age, I KNOW that GOD is with me through every season.  I know that no matter the circumstances that I'm in, I should look for the blessings (sometimes that takes a while!).  As my Grandma always said, "You can laugh, or you can cry; & it's much more fun to laugh!"  Also, when she heard grumbling or whining, she'd say, "THIS is the day that the LORD has made!  I WILL rejoice & be glad in it!"  So, yeah, I haven't always LIVED those two statements, but I strive daily!

I know there will be seasons (like summer) when more time will be available for blogging, & other seasons (like spring) when there is no time for anything but school, cooking, laundry, cleaning, & just breathing.

Why do I want to create a blog?  I want to try something new, stretch myself, record  past & current seasons.  And the fallback reason I've always given my boys, 'Cause I'm the Mom!'

If you read all this way, then THANKS!  Just like me, this blog will be a work in progress...




3 comments:

  1. I think your blog is a great idea and will enjoy sharing your thoughts. I treasure our friendship. You are truly a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your first post, Lyn!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to share with me!